Passtime Driver Training provides HGV training for both private individuals and companies delivering high quality training for all sections of the transport industry.
Drivers who have passed their driving test after 1st January 1997 are required to take an additional driving test to obtain a category C1 entitlement to drive a vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes.To drive a large rigid vehicle over 7.5 tonnes a category C test is required. Drivers over 18 can choose to take either test.
We pride ourselves with our exceptional instructors, and combined with our excellent facilities we can help your training proceed quickly and confidently.
HGV training with Passtime
Our training is tailored to your ability and specific requirements. Training is taken at our facility near Kidderminster, which is a DVSA Approved Test Centre, enabling pupils to take their test at the training site hopefully making the whole test less stressful! Training time is maximised as the need to drive to the test centre has been removed.
The driving test requires you to answer a few questions on vehicle safety and perform a reversing exercise. This is followed by sixty minutes of on road driving, where you will encounter varied road conditions.
Thorough training is provided using our lorry so that you will feel well prepared for your test and our aim is that you are confident both for the test and beyond.
Module 4 courses are also provided for those who wish to work in the transport industry. This is to test your practical knowledge on loading, vehicle safety & security
Our results show a high pass rate and a very happy customer base.
Start your HGV Training
There are several stages involved in obtaining your licence
- The first step is to pass a medical. We have a doctor who comes out to our training yard to do medicals for £60 cash. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book in.The doctor will fill in the D4 form and you will send this with your licence and D2 form to the DVLA. We have some forms in the office .
- When you send off for your provisional licence make sure you apply for the correct licence. C1 is 7.5 tonne and C is the large rigid lorry. We suggest you tick both boxes.
- When your licence is back book your theory test.
Take the multiple choice questions, hazard perception and also the module 2 test if you want to drive for a living. Practice on www.gov.uk/take-practice-theory-test, download an app or buy the DVSA book or DVD
- Come and drive and pass your practical test!
- Take module 4 CPC test if you want to drive for a living. This is to test your practical knowledge on loading, vehicle safety & security
Passtime Driver Training can help you through every stage of your training.